13 Nov SGF Chamber Business Meeting & 2024 Strategy Session ~ November 13, 2023
We had a creative and energized Chamber Business & Strategy Meeting this evening. It was a great meeting filled with ideas – we are all excited for the future of the Chamber and our community! Thank you to all who attended and shared their ideas and enthusiasm as we plan for 2024 and the future of the Chamber. Thank you to the South Glens Falls Village and Police Department for allowing us to use their conference room this evening.
- Holiday Mixer at Common Roots Brewing Company, 12/7, 5-7pm, $25 per person
- Let’s invite the community!
- Concerts in the Park – looking for sponsors and performers; discussion about concerts on summer Wednesday evenings
- Scholarships for South High Graduates
- Golf Tournament at Airway Meadows Golf Course – date TBD in summer 2024
- Swear in new Board Member, Alicia Bethel to Membership Committee
- Window stickers will be ordered for all members to display at their place of business.
- Membership outreach and renewal mailing.
- Discussion of more efficient management of funds.
- Discussion about Board member and Officer tenures and responsibilities. Review of bylaws pending.
Strategic Planning 2024
- Vision Statement: “In South Glens Falls and the Town of Moreau, to become the trusted partner and resource for community relationship building and the key driver of business and community prosperity.”
- Mission Statement: “The South Glens Falls Chamber of Commerce is a member funded organization with the mission to promote, support, and strengthen local businesses in our community.”
- Membership Benefits:
- Website membership directory, news postings, and calendar to promote member and local events.
- Networking opportunities and events
- Facebook/social media presence including Member Spotlight to be expanded to the SGFCC website.
- Ribbon cuttings and celebrations of member events
- Email newsletter (pending) – seeking member submissions
- Discount coupons to local businesses distributed at Concerts in the Park (pending)
- Local business expo (pending)
- Core Initiatives: Members needed to join committees
- Concerts in the Park
- Golf tournament
- Networking events – “Cabin Fever Mixer” in January/February TBD and other possible events
- Car Show (pending)
- Membership development and support
Thank you to all members who attended and shared their ideas, enthusiasm, and committed to initiatives. We are looking for members to join us to help with initiatives and to help grow the Chamber to be the best it can be for our community. After over 30 years of service to our community, the South Glens Falls~Town of Moreau Chamber of Commerce is excited to look forward to 2024 and beyond. #StrongerTogether!
Cheryl Lawyer, President
South Glens Falls~Town of Moreau Chamber of Commerce